Theppitak's blog

My personal blog.

12 สิงหาคม 2552

I am now a Debian Developer

Finally, I have passed all the Debian New Maintainer process and officially become a Debian Developer. I would like to thank many people who helped me along the process.

Thanks to Jordi Mallach, the first person who asked me if I was interested in becoming a Debian Developer, and managed to get my PGP key signed.

Thanks Michael Vogt who helped me get initial Thai supporting packages into Ubuntu Dapper, and later into Debian. He has signed my key and sponsored some of my packages, including gtk-im-libthai and scim-thai.

Thanks Dafydd Harries for signing my key, advocating me and sponsoring many of my first packages, including libthai and pango-libthai.

Thanks Martin Würtele, my Application Manager, for taking time to educate me with the intensive test questions.

Thanks Paul Wise, who bugged me early after my NM application to adopt several Thai orphan packages, as well as signed my key, sponsored my packages, and helped coordinate with my AM when the contact was lost due to mailing problems.

Thanks Christian Perrier for encouraging me to become the Debian Thai L10N coordinator, signing my key, sponsoring my font packages, as well as suggesting me to apply for Debian Maintainer (DM) while still not a full Debian Developer.

Thanks Frank Küster and Norbert Preining for sponsoring my thailatex package and help me make it into good shape.

Thanks Loïc Minier for sponsoring libthai, libdatrie, pango-libthai and help me improve them a lot.

Thanks Mike Hommey for letting me solve some bugs with mozilla-related packages during my Task and Skill tests.

Thanks my occasional sponsors, such as Aníbal Monsalve Salazar, Martin Michlmayr, and other people who helped me directly or indirectly.

Debian NM process was a good experience. I've learned many philosophical and technical stuffs in relatively short time, through the test questions and real hands-on practices. As my AM said, it's not to torture me at all, but to make me learn. And it's one of the best lessons one could get. I'd encourage people who like to improve their skills to join Debian.

ป้ายกำกับ:

9 ความเห็น:

แสดงความเห็น (มีการกลั่นกรองสำหรับ blog ที่เก่ากว่า 14 วัน)

<< กลับหน้าแรก

hacker emblem